Way back when the DASH diet was considered to be only for the research setting, I decided to make it easier to follow. DASH was too important to health; it couldn’t just sit on the shelf. So I created an actionable plan that almost anyone could put into action in their real life.
Ready for your 8 simple resolutions to get you on the DASH diet path?
1. Have 3 meals and 2 – 3 snacks everyday. Deprivation doesn’t lead to lasting weight loss.
2. Make colorful veggies the center of your meal. They are bulky, filling, and healthy, while low in calories.
3. Add lean protein-rich foods to make a meal that satisfies and won’t leave you hungry an hour later.
4.Choose 2 – 3 dairy foods that are low-fat or nonfat, every day. Dairy boosts protein and helps quench hunger.
5. Add fresh fruits to satisfy your sweet tooth the healthy way.
6. Nuts, beans, and seeds make fun snacks that love your heart and help you lose weight.
7. When you have grains, make them whole grains.
8. Watch your waistline shrink. You are improving your health as you lose weight, with these healthy resolutions.
The DASH Diet Weight Loss Solution is based on these rules. And while it helps you lose weight, DASH makes you healthier. DASH is proven to lower blood pressure, cholesterol, lower your risk of heart attack, stroke, diabetes, and some cancers.
DASH for it!